The Kansas Statewide Homeless Coalition (Coalition) is a coalition of individuals and agencies working to prevent and end homelessness in Kansas. The Coalition, on behalf of the Kansas Balance of State Continuum of Care (KS BoS CoC), oversees approximately $3 million annually in federal funding for rapid rehousing, transitional housing and permanent supportive housing located in 101 counties in Kansas.
Membership is free and open to all.
- Opportunity to apply for Coalition grants
- Assistance to prepare for HUD monitoring visits by receiving onsite and remote monitoring by KSHC
- Regional Meetings and Training opportunities
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors
- Opportunity to serve on CoC committees and task forces
- Exclusive access to the Members email group
- Advertisement on social media, newsletter, and Coalition website
KSHC offers on-site and remote monitoring to help grantees prepare for HUD monitoring visits, reduce the risk of funding being recaptured by HUD, and identify areas of need for technical assistance. The KSHC monitoring guide and links to HUD monitoring exhibits are available here.
RESOURCES & TRAININGS
Additional resources and training materials are provided here including HUD specific documents and KSHC customized material.